(This summary is an expanded version of Tom's Linked In profile - provided here for consistency.)
Tom Ingram is a hands-on sales technology and management consultant specializing in shortening sales cycles and increasing margins for complex business to business sales. His 20+ years of experience includes 14 years of CRM experience (4 years Salesforce, 10 years Microsoft.) Tom Ingram and Associates, Inc. has been serving clients in the Dallas, Texas, USA area since 1994.
KEY EMPLOYERS: Cambridge Technology Partners, Dun & Bradstreet Software, IBM (spinoff), Xerox
KEY CLIENTS: Boeing, Texas Instruments, Mitel, Hyundai, Flowserve, Celanese, Frito Lay, MCI, Northern Telecom, Verizon, Xerox, FedEx, Johnson & Johnson, Union Pacific, Morrison Wholesale, Crossmark, Handleman, Omnicom, Alliance Data, State of Texas, Exeter Finance, Caliber Mortgage
Tom Ingram, Salesforce Certified, Microsoft Solution Architect, PMP, CMC(e)
SUMMARY OF KEY SKILLS, RESULTS (Click for Details)
SALESFORCE CRM TECHNICAL RESULTS: Click for Full Details
- Led Boeing Salesforce Project as Senior Project Manager, BA, Integration/Migration Scrum Master, App Dev Scrum Master. Large project included 8 business units, 11 interfaces / migrations, 10 standard objects, 6 custom objects, 1000+ users.
- As Salesforce Technical Lead for Infosys completed extensive training in Lighting Experience migrations, SFDX (release management, IDE, code repository, sandbox change sets to production) and ECommmerce (Storefronts, Products, Pricelists, Ordering, Interfaces), Case management and Test Driven Development.
- Led Salesforce implementation for a Non-Profit Organization including configuration, customization for three Salesforce organizations, 12 user licenses with 100 expected.
- Led Salesforce, Related CRM effort for a Consumer Finance company to extract data from Salesforce through SQL Server/SSIS/SSRS to SharePoint for Field Sales / Customer Dashboard on iPad. 200 Salespeople supported. Phase 1 dashboard delivered in 10 days.
- Led CRM, Salesforce Related, Other app dev / migration for Mitel as hands-on Microsoft solution architect to create immediate custom solutions in SharePoint, SQL Server, other tools while waiting for Salesforce development. 5,000 casual users and 200 heavy users migrated, supported. SPECTACULAR ADOPTION SUCCESS: 50+ “thanks and well done” emails.
CRM PROCESS IMPROVEMENT, BUSINESS ANALYSIS, PROJECT MANAGEMENT RESULTS: Click for Full Details
- Led CRM, CPQ, Nation-Wide Field Sales and Service Process Consolidation with Microsoft Tools. Consolidated 18 business units. Resulted in $2.5 million per year in hard cost savings, $10 million in additional sales per year. INCLUDED FIELD SALES and SERVICE PROCESSES FOR 9,000 EMPLOYEES. Reduced 97 step CPQ process to 49 steps for complex pricing and quoting of products, services, discounts and rebates.
- Led CRM project with Microsoft Tools resulting in $6.5 million in new services sold in 30 small transactions and $5.5 million in new services sold to Procter & Gamble.
- Won a $3.5 Million settlement for client as CRM / Project Management expert witness.
- Led Credit Process Improvement resulting in 35 person credit department converting 1.3 Million pages to paperless system for just $100,000.
SHORTENING SALES CYCLES, BIG WINS FOR CLIENTS AND EMPLOYERS:
- $10 million sale to Celanese in 90 days
- $5.5 million sale to Procter & Gamble in 60 days
- $2 million unit built, 100+ small sales in 30-60 days
- $1.2 million in services for manufacturers, five of seven sales closed in less than 60 days
- For Boeing: Authored 40+ User Stories, many through Acceptance Criteria, Testing. Implemented Agile standards, estimating. Implemented SharePoint sites for project team, documentation. Implemented TFS for User Stories, Tasks, Scope / Change Management, Burn Down / Burn Up Charts.
- For Mitel: 65 User Stories, 15 Technical User Stories identified, defined, added to Kanban Board. 37 through acceptance and into production.
- For Electric Utility: 97 User Stories defined, 32 Technical User Stories defined, 80 brought to production for $1 million project, BIG ADOPTION SUCCESS.
VERY LARGE PROJECT MANAGEMENT, LEADERSHIP RESULTS:
- Managed four large projects ($5 million+ each), saving two major projects in trouble.
- At client request, recruited two new CEOs, a general manager and team resulting in $50 million+ in new sales over five years
PERSONAL SALES, PRACTICE BUILDING RESULTS: (Click for Full Details)
- Five time winner, 100% Club award for personal sales in early career
- Sales management roles resulting in $10 million+ new, complex sales
- $1.2 million practice built selling complex services to manufacturers
- $8 million State & Local practice built
- $10 million sale to Celanese after saving project in trouble
CERTIFICATIONS, EDUCATION, BOOKS, PUBLICATIONS:
- Salesforce Admin 201 Certified, Lightning certification
- PMP and Certified Management Consultant Certifications
- Book, Peer Reviewed Journal Study published by PMI, 1996-1998
- Dozens of articles, case studies on effective results from computer projects
- Developed "TIA Expert System" for shortening process improvement and migrations
- B.S., Iowa State, Electrical Engineering, Business Degree
Generally, Tom is the lead consultant on projects.
*Contact Us in Dallas, Texas, USA at email@example.com or 972-394-5721.
**Success stories, client quotes, estimated costs and benefits are derived from actual projects but may have been altered for simplicity, teaching purposes or to protect confidential information.